QuikSpin Adhesion Tips
| Jul, 7 2009
- Start with a clean clamp. If there is dried glue on the base of the clamp, the vane will not sit correctly.
- Pinch the clamp closed. The kicker will not be affected by the extra pressure of the clamp.
- When using a fast setting glue, the best fletch prep is water. Alcohol or acetone can cause the fast setting glue to become brittle.
- Rough up the base of the vane with sandpaper. Then wipe with a mixture of water and baking soda. For your safety, please do not rough up the shaft of carbon arrows.
- Start with a fresh tube of glue each year. Adhesive makers do not guarentee the glues past one year from the date it was packaged.